Thursday, October 15, 2009

2nd Devo with Doug


It’s now officially time for the 2nd annual DEVO with Doug! It’s hard to believe but it’s probably going to be even better than the 1st one! (at least I hope) This Sunday was the first week of CHOCTOBER!!!! And I think I speak for everyone there, that it was RIDICULOUS! We had a bunch of crazy games including a chocolate milk chugging competition that Crespo DOMINATED! And a make your own chocolate milk game where students poured chocolate syrup and milk into a cup (and all over Ronnie and Destiny’s faces!) and then stirred up with a spoon that was in there toes! I’m actually still disgusted by the fact that I drank that and you guys put your feet into that milk! EWW I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth! We watched a hilarious video by the skit guys and finally Heather taught about how God wants to chisel everything out of our lives that isn’t for Him.

This really got me thinking about how in Ephesians 2:10 it says “for we are God’s masterpiece”. That’s pretty cool huh? God created everything, he created the oceans, the forests, and every single beautiful thing in nature, and he calls us his masterpiece!! He calls jacked up people that are never “cool” enough, or “pretty” enough his masterpiece?!?! That is hard for me to wrap my mind around. One of God’s favorite things to do is create. Think about it, every single day he decides to create more people. He doesn’t have to, there are plenty of people on this planet. Doesn’t he ever get bored with that? I know I would! But no he keeps on creating because he is an artist, and what does every artist want out of their artwork? They want it to be a masterpiece. God wants to chisel every part of us that are sinful and every part of our lives that don’t honor him. We will always have sin in our life because we are humans, but God wants us to give all that up to him and let him transform us. The second part of that verse Ephesians 2:10 is “created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do” What kind of good works is he calling you to do? What needs to be chiseled out of your life?

Love you guys,

Doug

1 comment:

  1. it's more than encouraging to read this. :) i sure do miss cornerstone and i sure do miss the staff and students!

    you are all, one of a kind. thanks for being so absolutely amazing when i was around... and now even when i am not around!

    i love you all... and miss you like crazy!

    (i have a blog too- www.jayesmeyer.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete